The current challenges in competition policy and market regulation require detailed assessments not only from an interdisciplinary but also from an international perspective. The CLEEN (Competition Law and Economics European Network) has been successful in providing such an international and interdisciplinary platform since its first research workshop in Bonn in 2007.
As of April 2015, the following institutions are members of the CLEEN:
- the Amsterdam Center for Law and Economics (ACLE) at the University of Amsterdam
- Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) at the Norwegian School of Economics and the University of Bergen
- the Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) at the University of East Anglia
- the Centre for Market and Public Organization (CMPO) at the University of Bristol
- the Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI) at ZEW and the University of Mannheim
- the Max-Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn
- the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies at the European University Institute, Florence
- the Tilburg Law and Economic Centre at the University of Tilburg
The Max-Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods hosted the Tenth CLEEN Workshop in Bonn, Germany, on 24 and 25 May 2016.
Tilburg University hosted the Ninth CLEEN Workshop in Tilburg, Netherlands, on 28 and 29 May 2015.
The Centre for Competition Policy hosted the Eighth CLEEN Workshop in Norwich, UK, on 10 and 11 June 2014.
The Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE) hosted the Seventh CLEEN Workshop in Bergen, Norway, on 13 and 14 May 2013.
The MaCCI Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation in cooperation with ZEW and the University of Mannheim hosted the Sixth CLEEN Workshop in Mannheim, Germany, on 10 and 11 May 2012.
The European University Institute hosted the Fifth Competition Law and Economics European Network workhop in Florence, Italy, on 9 and 10 May 2011.
ACLE hosted the Fourth Competition Law and Economics European Network meeting on 21 April 2010 in Amsterdam with keynote speakers Jan Boone (TILEC) and Christopher Engel (Bonn).
The Third Competition Law and Economics European Network meeting was hosted by TILEC in May 2009. This two-day workshop took place at Tilburg University on 14 and 15 May 2009.
The Second Competition Law and Economics European Network meeting, specifically designed to showcase the work of the network's young researchers, was held in Norwich, UK in June 2008, at the initiative of CCP.
The First Competition Law and Economics European Network meeting organized under the banner of the network took place at the Max- Planck Institute for Research and Collective Goods in Bonn, Germany in December 2007.